March 25, 2020
Dear Customers and Vendors,
Amid the current health crisis Hammond & Irving would like to update you to our current situation. We continue to operate our manufacturing facility as a key supplier to many essential businesses. Our product is used to support many critical industries throughout North America such as food processing & pharmaceutical equipment, defense and aerospace, agriculture, transportation, waste and wastewater management and other important infrastructure industries.
Hammond & Irving is committed to stopping the spread of Covid-19 and has taken measures to reduce our employees’ exposure. We have adjusted our production schedule to be spread out over three shifts. This change has allowed us to remain operating at 100% capacity and we do not anticipate any production setbacks at this time.
Our focus remains the well-being and the safety of our employees, customers, and vendors. We are monitoring the information provided by health organizations and local and federal governments daily, and will react appropriately to any new guidance given.
Current actions we have taken:
- We have restricted access to our office and plant to employees only. No outside visits from vendors or customers are currently allowed, and only deliveries essential to production will be accepted.
- We have changed our attendance policy and introduced new guidelines that encourage and promote our employees to stay home and seek medical assistance if any symptoms of illness are discovered.
- We have increased our cleaning schedule and made sanitizers readily available to all employees. We have also added a designated “disinfection” time slot at the end of each production shift to minimize risk of exposure across shifts.
- We have successfully provided remote access to everyone in our organization that can do their job from home.
- We have shut down or limited access to communal areas such as break rooms.
As the recommendations and restrictions progress, we will make sure to keep you updated with any changes. We would greatly appreciate any updates from you, our vendors and customers, as you do what is best for your employees. If your business has been impacted or you are forecasting any impact, please communicate with us immediately.
We thank you for our continued relationship. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.